Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Following My Passion – Introducing My Novel MRS. LIEUTENANT


Whenever I write about preparing for college applications, I stress that the most important activity during the high school years is to follow your passion. And by passion I mean doing something or learning to do something or learning about something that you truly love.

I coach high school students to follow their passion without worrying about the passion’s career potential. And I coach parents of high school students about facilitating the passion of their children.

Today the result of following my passion for many years is on Amazon. Almost 20 years ago two women producers optioned my story about my first weeks as a new army officer’s wife in the spring of 1970. When they couldn’t “sell” the idea, they told me I had to write a book. By the time the first draft of the book was written, the producers had moved on. And that started the many long years of rewriting and rewriting and rewriting.

Now persistence and hard work have paid off. The book was just recently a semi-finalist in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. And I’m confident that this book is the story I’ve wanted to tell since the spring of 1970.

I hope you’ll enjoy the story of MRS. LIEUTENANT: A SHARON GOLD NOVEL.

(The above photo was taken on November 18, 1967, at the Coronation Ball at Michigan State University.)



Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,
,

No comments: