Monday, April 28, 2008

Free Book Review Copies Offered of MRS. LIEUTENANT


When my Jewish holiday book SEASONS FOR CELEBRATION written with Rabbi Karen L. Fox first came out in 1992, Karen and I conducted a traditional book marketing campaign. We did book signings and sent postcards all over the U.S. Never in our wildest dreams would we have imagined that in 2008 the cutting edge of book marketing would be on the internet.

Three months ago, after I accidentally learned this thanks to MRS. LIEUTENANT being a semi-finalist in the recent Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award, I set out to become an “expert” on internet marketing. This quest has included reading several books – bought on Amazon – about, among other things, helping a book get noticed on Amazon.

MRS. LIEUTENANT: A SHARON GOLD NOVEL has been out on Amazon for two weeks and, as yet, there are no reviews on the book’s page. Good reviews (preferably five-star reviews) are very important to the algorithms of Amazon’s search engines.

MRS. LIEUTENANT needs good book reviews on Amazon. And for this reason I’m offering free review copies to the first 20 people who email me that they’d like to review the book.

Now here’s the fine print. I want the people to whom I send free review copies to actually like the kind of book I’ve written. Thus I’m asking potential reviewers to go to my website – http://www.mrslieutenant.com – and read the first four chapters (one from each woman’s point of view). Then if you think the novel will appeal to you, contact me through the website and I’ll shoot a review copy to you.

The wheel has come full circle. I bought these internet marketing books on Amazon; now I want to use the advice to help MRS. LIEUTENANT achieve good buzz on Amazon.

FYI – The second edition of SEASONS FOR CELEBRATION will be out in a couple of weeks.

,

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , ,
, ,

No comments: