Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Song "Road to Recovery" in Support of Our Troops

Diana D'Itri, CMO/Partner/Host of Web TV Network, gave me permission to share with you the song she co-wrote in support of our troops. She emailed me about the song:
The song initiated from a poem [by Marc Cattapan] that was sent to me from a man who volunteers for an organization called Ride 2 Recovery. I rewrote it and put music to it and had one of my singer friends sing lead. It was a labor of love as it was all volunteer (except for a few hundred dollars for the recording studio). All musicians are personal friends and my daughter and I sang back up.
Here are the credits and lyrics. And then listen to the MP3 below.

ROAD TO RECOVERY © 3/2009

Original poem by Marc Cattapan

Lyrics: Marc Cattapan, Diana D’Itri, Kelly Moore

Music: Diana D’Itri, Brett Duncan, Vanessa Vail,

Produced by Diana D’Itri, Bobby Dorman, Hal Ratliff

Engineered by Hal Ratliff - Keyboards and Programming: Hal Ratliff

Vocals: Bobby Dorman, Diana D’Itri, Vanessa Vail

Saxophone: Greg Vail - Guitar: Jay Stewart


C F

You took a bullet for me, a blast from an IED

Bb C

I wanna thank you, for your sacrifice

C F

For doing what you believe is right, never thinking twice

Bb C

I’m waving the flag, I’m here to salute you

C F Bb C

I don’t know your name, don’t know your face your story but I thank you

C F Bb C

I don’t even know your name, but I’m here to thank for, fighting for old glory

C F

Don’t ever think you’re alone, or nobody even cares at home

Bb C

It’s cause people like you, that make people like me free

C F

Free to be and say anything, free to even disagree

Bb C

One things for sure, you carry the weight of the world

REPEAT CHORUS

Dm F

Here’s wishing you…. well (break)

G C

On your road, on your road to recovery

F C F C F Bb

Oh Yeah, road to recovery, oh yeah road to recovery

Musical breakdown and Vocal over Chorus progression


C F Bb C

I don’t know your name, don’t know your face your story but I thank you

C F Bb C

I don’t even know your name, but I’m here to thank for, fighting for old glory

F C F C

I wanna thank you, I wanna thank you, I wanna thank you (vamp out)

Listen to the MP3 recording now.
___

Phyllis Zimbler Miller is the author of the novel MRS. LIEUTENANT and the co-author of the Jewish holiday book SEASONS FOR CELEBRATION. She is also an Internet business consultant and the co-host of the BlogTalkRadio show YourMilitaryLife.com.

Phyllis' company provides Internet marketing training as well as social media marketing to promote your business more effectively.

No comments: