Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Coffee Bean Supports Our Deployed Troops


I had a meeting at the Coffee Bean on South Beverly Drive in Beverly Hills. When I ordered my decaf coffee I was asked if I wanted to buy a pound of coffee to be donated to deployed troops with $1 of the purchase price going to Fisher House. I said yes.

And then here's the really cool thing. I got to write a message on the back of the pound of coffee I donated.

In my message I wrote about the upcoming PTSD Walk Across America and gave the URL for the walk's Facebook page -- www.facebook.com/PTSDWalk

This purchase today was especially poignant as earlier in the day I had been contacted by a soldier with PTSD who is having a difficult time because his chain of command is not supportive of soldiers with PTSD.

If you don't have a Coffee Bean near you, you can order the pound of coffee online and either get it shipped to you with $1 going to Fisher House or you can donate the purchase through Soldiers' Angels.

Here is the description of the project from the Coffee Bean website:
Support from Home Blend

This blend was created as a tribute to the brave men and women of our Armed forces serving around the world. It was designed to be bold, yet smooth in flavor. The Support from Home Blend has a medium body, a fruity aroma and a black cherry flavor with a dark chocolate finish.

One dollar from your purchase of Support From Home coffee will be donated to the Fisher House™.If you wish to donate your purchase of Support from Home Blend to our troops, please contact your local Soldier’s Angels.

The Support From Home Blend is pre-ground.
I hope you'll join Coffee Bean in supporting our troops.
___

Phyllis Zimbler Miller is the author of the novel MRS. LIEUTENANT and the co-author of the Jewish holiday book SEASONS FOR CELEBRATION. Her newest military-related project is supporting the upcoming PTSD Walk Across America.Phyllis' social media marketing company Miller Mosaic Power Marketing combines traditional marketing principles and Internet marketing strategies to put power in your hands. Read her social media marketing blog.

No comments: