Thursday, November 11, 2010

For Veterans Day: A Celebration of Social Media Tools to Help Vets

The Mashable.com post today by Lisa Waananen on "How Social Media Is Making Veteran Service Organizations Better" is a compelling piece on veterans as well as on how social media can be used to reach out to targeted audiences. (Lisa is @liswaananen on Twitter.)

As the co-founder of a social media marketing company and a supporter of our troops (#sot on Twitter), I loved this "mashing" of my two main Twitter interests as seen in my tweets. (I'm @ZimblerMiller on Twitter.)

In fact, at the request of Ken Jones (@akvet on Twitter) I have been tweeting about the FREE ebook he wrote while recovering from his own combat-induced PTSD. (Download this FREE ebook now at http://t.co/NC5mPmR )

And I got this terrific DM (private tweet) from Ken:

As of 0900 PST Thurs -- 2,084 people have read our two PTSD ebooks. What a great start!

The Mashable post talks about World War II vets who are now on social media sites. And in honor of my own father -- Albert Zimbler, who served during WWII, I'd like to share the link to his website www.AlZimComedy.com as well as his photo (above) taken during WWII.

Read the entire Mashable post now.
___

Phyllis Zimbler Miller is the author of the novel MRS. LIEUTENANT and her social media marketing company Miller Mosaic Power Marketing works with clients to use social media to attract more business. Read her social media marketing blog.

No comments: